Probably inspired by the glitzy IPL (Indian Premier League), I was bent on picking my dream team of XI for any format of the game, be it a Test match, a One Day match or a T20. After so many additions and deletions at the back end, I am finally done with my XI. Here goes the list… vroom:
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar (Captain)
Kevin Pietersen
Kumar Sangakkara (Wicket Keeper)
Mahela Jayawardane
Michael Hussey
Albie Morkel
Daniel Vettori
Doug Bollinger
Dale Steyn
Dirk Nannes
P.S.: Only the current players (i.e., as of May, 2010) have been considered (unlike IPL).
What were the other options that I have considered before zeroing on the above eleven?
Ideally I wanted to have a team with 6 batsmen (including a wicket-keeper), 4 bowlers and a hard-hitting allrounder.
Maestro Sachin Tendulkar and the dangerous Virender Sehwag are adept in dismantling any sort of bowling attack. While Kevin Pietersen and Mahela Jayawardane were the ideal choices, I had vouched for Michael Hussey for his formidability at number six. For the wicket-keeper slot, I have explored the options of Brendon McCullum, Robin Uthappa and Kumar Sangakkara. Eventually Sangakkara was selected because of his vast experience. For the allrounder slot, Albie Morkel got my nod ahead of the Aussie Shane Watson for his economical bowling rate on comparison with that of Watson. As for the bowling slots, Dirk Nannes, Daniel Vettori and Doug Bolliinger were the automatic choices while I have dilly dallied between the express quicks Dale Steyn and Shaun Tait. Finally, Steyn got the ticket for his more accurate line and consistency. So that’s how my eleven has been selected.
6 comments:
Awesum line-up bro..this wud be my ideal dream x1 for all three formats. :)12th man wud be watson/saeed ajmal/umar gul.
Thanks for ur comment Sathya bro... Shane Watson will be the better prospect for the twelfth man among the listed three!
Good one bro. Sachin-Sehwag : A perfect opening Combo in any format of the game. But I feel Jack Kallis would have been a better option than Mahela. Anyways, its tough picking up the best 11. And u did a Great Job. :-)
Gr8 Team Bro...If V Have Team In Reality V Can Win Most of The Matches..Thanks For Making God Sachin As Captain...
Sachin Rocks..
U Too Rock Bro..
Thanks Arun Bharath and Santosh bros... :)
awesome team man
no words for this
sachin and sehwag rock the world
good analysis,,,,
nice article man,,,
Post a Comment