P.S.: Written on 18th March, 2012; Posted on 24th October 2012
*****************
*****************
Today, it’s 18th
March, 2012… Ah! It was a quite long journey from 2nd June, 1994 –
Yes! That was the day when we had first stepped into our own ‘sweet house’. And today, we had warmed
the same house for the second time after we left the place four years back in
2008. Before moving back to our home, we have planned for its modification by
adding extra rooms in the open place (that was previously left out). And now
that the structure is ready (it’s almost a new house with a new slab and a new
shape!) sans the finishing works, we have embraced ourselves for the house-warming
occasion with just four of us. No one was invited as we wanted it to be a
simple one. We are thankful to Kamala Aunty and Visweswaraiah Uncle (our good-old
neighbours since 1994) for helping us at that odd time, yeah, the muhurtam was
at 1:55 AM!
My nostalgia
went back to 1994 when I was a kid who joined 4th class here. All my
formative years were here. So many memories, so many moments, and so many
incidents – how can I forget them! A few of them include the days when we (the
local lads) used to play cricket in the open place of our house, the day when
my father has bought a motor-cycle and when I first discovered that driving is
one of my passions, all those early mornings when I used to pedal the bi-cycle
to Tirumalarao sir’s tuitions, the day when the 10th class results
are out - all others were busy thronging the internet café centers while I was sitting
alone at the verandah of our home, my friends saw my score and told me that I
got 547 – that moment was an awe to me, the day when my grand-mother has
breathed her last, the days when I along with my sister hurried from school
just to watch the daily soap, ‘Ruthuraagalu’,
the un-ending waits and travels in the city buses, and lots more!
Back to present,
the day when my father said, we are going back to our home once we are done
with our studies, I, along with my mother and my sister were a bit skeptical as
it is a bit far to the city. But as the time passed my moments and more
importantly, the way in which my parents have cherished their dream of owning a
‘house’ by building ‘brick-by-brick’ with
their hard-earned money – this very thought has made up my mind to get back to
our sweet home. We had spent almost 14 years (1994-2007) before shifting to our
current residence in the middle of the city. Come this summer, we will be back
to our abode, the place where I grew, where my thoughts have nurtured and where
my ‘astitva’ is present.
No comments:
Post a Comment