Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Films and Me

"IPS बन ने क लिए मैं ने जी थोड मेहनत किया! IAS के लिए चुना गया था पर लेकिन मैं ने IPS ही चुना क्यों कि मैं अपने मुल्क के हर मुज्लिम को कानून के सामने एक बिकारी की तरह देखना चाहता हूँ!" -



These were the dialogues said by the protagonist of the film 'Sarfarosh', Mr. Aamir Khan. Whenever I hear these lines, my aim of getting into civils only gets higher. stronger. Whenever I get to see a civil servant, either be it an IAS or IPS or IFS, don’t know why, I just stare at watching them speak (mostly on television) with my eyes wide open and my mouth half open. My dad talks about many of the IPS officers and I listen to him very concentratedly.



Those three letters, whenever I see them on the screen, it’s always a very unique feeling to me which I cannot describe in words. Hope that day is not far off when I join that elite bandwagon of civil servants serving for the country.





Films – which I watch will have a certain impact on me, ofcourse, I do not watch every Tom-Dick-and-Harry kind of films. I watch different genres of films, for example, a few days back, I have watched ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’ that belongs to patriotism genre. The patriotic films had a definite influence on me in developing my moral values as a responsible citizen of the nation.



The Legend of Bhagat Singh’, ‘Swades’, ‘Netaji – The Forgotten Hero’, etc… – all these films have molded me in a direction to improve my attitude towards the people and my country. By saying so, I do not mean that – If I wouldn’t have watched these films, the values which I have now, wouldn’t have been there. They are always inherently present, but it’s only that these films have polished those values in me.




Apart from these patriotic films, there are other films which have aimed at portraying the much needed change in the system or showing how one can churn out one’s duties correctly. Films like ‘Leader’, ‘Drohi’, ‘Baanam’, ‘Dev’, etc… belong to that genre and I have learnt a lesson or two from these films. I always feel that learning is a cognitive process and the medium can be anything.












No comments: