Disclaimer: I call myself
an ‘esoteric weirdo’ by choice and probably also because most of the
people around think me to be one. But this write-up is totally the other side –
the inside Raghav - which I call, ‘emotional receptor’. To find out why,
read this! After reading, whether to call me with either of the two or with any
other title, not precisely ‘title’ (Article 18 abolishes titles to Indians) or not
to call me without any ‘nickname’, is purely your choice (Use your Article 19).
**********
The definition
of a cinema can be understood, in its simplest form, as a medium of
entertainment. After watching every film, probably because of the genre of
cinema that I do watch or because of the ‘insomniac critic’ inside me, there
will be a ‘feeling’ ignited in me, which might be anything; It can be either my
patriotic feelings, or my ‘criminal’ (here, ‘criminal’ pertains to Raghav’s
dictionary) thoughts or my ‘thinking and philosophical’ feelings or any other feeling
in me! The crux of this long statement is that a film acts as a fuel to my
feelings. The same happened after I watched “Talaash”, when the thinker
in me found the answer to what is the quality that I like the most in a girl!
The character of
‘Simran’ (portrayed by Kareena Kapoor Khan) has revealed the quality that I
look for in a girl! I like girls who shall be able to express their feelings openly,
clearly and passionately (focus on ‘express their feelings’). Generally, most
of the girls will not express their feelings for whatsoever reason. Instead,
they either indulge in back-biting, or play safe or if that feeling is a
hindrance to them, they try to shift their focus onto other inconsequential
thing, pushing off the real feeling or in very less cases, sacrifice themselves.
Now, you can easily guess to which kind of girl I am referring to – obviously,
who does not fall in any of the aforementioned categories – a girl who
expresses her feeling (hold on for the moment on, ‘how?’) and tries to find a
solution to it.
A 'strong' feeling
is not built in a day or two. It will evolve over the period and over loads of
trust, and will not leave you until your death unless a miracle happens or a catastrophe
occurs. That strong feeling can be any of the famous ‘feelings’ (love/hate/jealousy/vengeance/anger/etc).
So, that may be the underlying reason why I like ‘heart-to-heart’ talks rather
than ‘mouth-to-mouth’ talks. The good thing about these ‘heart-to-heart’ talks
is the ‘expressive openness’ between the two. The openness in expressing their feelings
may be either direct or indirect. But the feeling shall be definitely
expressed. Obviously, none shall have a problem in direct form of expressing
the feeling, but when it comes to the indirect form of expression, it depends
mainly on how well the other person is able to receive it. Some might take it
the correct way and some may not – which again leads to misunderstandings! I
don’t intend to criticize the indirect form of expression because in some grueling situations, you are to bound to use it.
So, my point is
that I like to talk and give importance only to such kind of girls because even
if you do something to them with a great deal of effort, it doesn't pain you, and
instead, you will be happy for doing so. Ain't it strange, but it’s true, trust
me! There were few dialogues in the movie told by Simran: (translated to
English) - “when a girl disappears, there is none to care about them, Sir” and “what
difference does it make when you disappear or not, if you are not even in the
census, Sir” – These strong emotions in the heart of a prostitute were
expressed in a subtle manner. Needless to mention, what caught my attention is
the way they are ‘expressed’! Over all, ‘Simran’ is the apt result that I Talaashed
out from this ‘Talaash’.
No comments:
Post a Comment